First part – answering 11 questions
Second part – 11 random facts about myself
Third part – 11 questions for 11 people I nominate for this award
Here are Elizabeth’s questions:
1. What was you favourite book as a child?
Animals of Farthing Wood, by Colin Dann. Lovely book.
2. Name something new you would like to try.
Flying a jet plane.
3. What is your favourite word?
I’ve never thought about this before, but maybe “luminous”
4. Why is that word your favourite?
I like glowing things. They are pretty and quite surreal. I like the idea of a bright light in a otherwise dark place.
5. Why did you start blogging?
I started because I was inspired by youtubers and bloggers, but I knew I would never have the time or courage to make videos because I’m quite shy, so I decided to start a blog where I could write whatever I want, but still remain mostly anonymous. Not many people I know in real life know about my blog. If you do know me, and I’ve told you about my blog, you’re a special friend 🙂
6. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A millionaire, mostly. I’m hitting the age where I’m very disappointed in myself for not achieving anything. I’ve thought about being a vet or zoologist in the past.
7. If you could travel to anywhere on the planet, in the universe, where would it be?
I’d love to see another planet with intelligible life, like in sci-fi movies, a planet of peaceful beings maybe. Like in Avatar/ green blue aliens! I know some people don’t believe that there is life anywhere else, but think about it – even if the chance of having life is however tiny, there still must be another planet with life, somewhere in the immense universe. And not just one, many! The chance of us encountering these other planets may be slim, but just because we don’t know about it doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
8. Why would you like to go there?
This is all very theoretical, but I love experiencing and learning new things, so wouldn’t a planet no human has ever been to be the ultimate experience? When I was watching Avatar I thought it was just breathtaking and amazing..
9. Who is your favourite author/artist?
I haven’t read anything for a long time, and I don’t follow artwork. But when I was younger, I enjoyed books by Roald Dahl. He wrote books like “James and the Giant Peach”, and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”.
10. Name what you admire about them or why you enjoy their works.
I read many of his books when I was a child, I think they were recommended books my teachers. I enjoyed the books.
11. What’s your perfect day like?
Spending a day at a beautiful uncrowded beach, walking along the shoreline, finding shells and other little treasures.
Random facts about myself:
1. I joined my school’s girl’s basketball team in Year 7, but quit a few years after.
2. On the first day of secondary school (year 7), I was given 2 baby hamsters. I thought they were the cutest thing ever.
3. I love animals, especially the furry and cute ones.
4. I’m very lazy. One of my best / worst (however you see it) excuse is “I can’t be bothered”.
5. English is my first language, but Cantonese is my mother tongue. I learnt Cantonese first, but my English is much better.
6. I perceive myself as a smart girl, and I am constantly disappointed by my grades in school. I tend to blame it on bad teaching style and my laziness.
7. People used to think me and my brother (who is over a year older than me) were twins. My dad sometimes told people that to avoid explanation.
8. I have 3 piercings on my right ear, and one on my left. I’m contemplating maybe getting one or two more on my right, but not any time soon.
9. I have double eyelids when I wake up in the morning, but shortly after, I had a kind of weird multiple creases situation. It bothered me a lot in the past, but I’ve learnt to live with it.
10. I played the piano for a bit, although I’m not very good at it. I’ve always wanted a boyfriend who would serenade a beautiful piano piece to me 🙂
11. My favourite fruit is oranges.
I nominate the following people:
1. What is your favourite TV show right now? Or movie?
2. What is one thing in your closet you bought and thought you would love but never actually wore?
3. In the world of dragons, elves and fairies – would you be a knight, mage, archer or healer?
4. The house is burning down – you can save three things – what would it be and why?
5. What were you like in high school? Were you in the popular gang? Were you bullied?
6. If you could talk to and befriend one animal – what would it be?
7. You just won the lottery. What would you like to spend your money on?
8. What is one thing about yourself that you would like to change?
9. What is one thing about yourself that you love?
10. If we were in the future and you could have any colour of hair and not look insane – which colour would you pick?
11. What is on your desktop background / wall paper right now?
Hope this wasn’t too long!